AED Audio Warranty Terms & Conditions
- Products must be purchased from an AED Audio authorized dealer.
- Warranty period begins from the invoice date of purchase. Proof of Purchase is required for warranty validation.
- AED Audio provides the above-stated manufacturer's warranty unless local regulations prohibit.
- Registration with AED Audio is required in ALL countries and must be completed within 30 days of purchase.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
The standard warranty period of 2 years begins on the date of purchase from an AED Audio-authorized dealer, as documented by invoice, receipt, or other acceptable means. The unexpired portion of the warranty may be transferred to a subsequent purchaser upon re-registration with AED Audio.
AED Audio warranty service is only available in the country or region of the products’ original purchase. AED Audio, its distributors, dealers and authorized service centres are under no obligation to perform warranty service on products purchased in other regions. The AED Audio product may be returned to the country of purchase at your expense. To the extent that national, state, provincial or territorial law applicable to your purchase of the AED Audio product requires a seller to provide additional warranty rights, AED Audio provides those warranties required under applicable law.
What is not covered by this warranty?
This warranty does not apply to any non-AED Audio branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with AED Audio products(s). Manufacturers, suppliers, or publishers other than AED Audio, may provide their own warranties to you, but AED Audio, in so far as permitted by law, provides the associated software included with their AED Audio products on an “AS IS” basis. Software distributed by AED Audio, with or without the Luxibel trademark, is not covered by this limited warranty. The licensing agreement accompanying any included software contains the details of your rights with respect to its use.
This warranty also does not apply to the following:
1. Damage caused by improper use, care, or maintenance or failure to follow the instructions and/or maintenance and repair recommendations contained in the User Manual, or at www.aedaudio.com,
2. AED Audio product that has been modified to alter its functionality or capability without the written permission of AED Audio,
3. Consumable parts, such as batteries, unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or manufacture,
4. Damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, exposure to liquids, fire, earthquake, acts of God, or other external causes,
5. Damage caused by operating the AED Audio product outside AED Audio's published guidelines,
6. Damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an authorized representative of AED Audio (including attempts to “hack” or modify firmware or software)
7. Cosmetic damage, including scratches, dents, and broken plastic,
8. Conditions caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the AED Audio product,
9. Damage caused by use with another product,
10. Product that was purchased from an unauthorized seller or online vendor, or
11. Product on which any serial number has been removed, altered or defaced.
Other questions regarding this warranty can be answered by calling: +32 3 860 76 50
Legal disclaimers, exclusion of other warranties and limitation of liability
The preceding warranties are the exclusive warranties given by AED Audio for the AED Audio product and supersede any prior, contrary or additional representations, whether oral or written. AED Audio and its distributors, jobbers, and dealers DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES—WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY— INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, ANY WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OTHERWISE ARISING FROM COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR USAGE OF TRADE.
If the AED Audio product fails to conform to the preceding warranties, you must notify AED Audio or its authorized dealer within a reasonable time and in no event more than fifteen (15) days after the discovery of the nonconformity and deliver the AED Audio product, together with proof of date of purchase, to the original point of purchase, a AED Audio factory, one of AED Audio's authorized service stations, or an authorized AED Audio International Distributor via pre-paid transportation. AED Audio will investigate and, in the event of a breach of warranty, will provide, at its sole option and within a reasonable period of time:
- repair of any nonconforming AED Audio product or components;
- replacement of any nonconforming AED Audio product or components with conforming product or components; or
- refund of the lesser of either the current value of the product at the time the warranty claim is made or the purchase price.
When providing repair or replacement service, AED Audio will use reasonable efforts to reinstall the product’s original software configuration and subsequent update releases, but will not provide any recovery or transfer of software or data contained on the serviced AED Audio product unit not originally included in the AED Audio product. Repaired or replacement products will conform to the warranty for the unexpired duration of the warranty period for the original, nonconforming AED Audio product. AED Audio may use used or repaired material for all warranty claims. This remedy does not cover any labour charged or travel time incurred by you for diagnosis, removal, or reinstallation of the AED Audio product; the cost of transportation of the AED Audio product to or from the purchaser; or any other contingent expenses.
THE REMEDY SELECTED BY AED AUDIO IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE THE EXCLUSIVE AND SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY.
AED AUDIO SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY—WHETHER RESULTING FROM NON-DELIVERY OR FROM THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. THIS EXCLUSION COVERS, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF USE, REVENUE OR PROFIT, COST OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO ANY DATA, AND CLAIMS BY PURCHASER’S CUSTOMERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES.
If any part of this warranty is found to be void or unenforceable, then the remainder shall have full force and effect, and the invalid provision shall be partially enforced to the maximum extent permitted by law to effectuate the purpose of the warranty.
© 2020 AED AUDIO - All rights reserved.
AED Audio, the AED Audio logo, is registered trademarks of AED DISTRIBUTION NV.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.